Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/56693/domains/celestial-games.com/html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/functions.php on line 4766
Feedback - Celestial Games

Feedback

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Travis 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

shadowking
    Participant

First impression of the Beta and possible things that can maybe be improved on if needed or not being worked on already:

On the drone selection screen a brief description of the drone, like possible play style, default starting weapons and the drone’s specific special ability. This would help people decide which type of battle they want to get into. eg. either being up close and personal, speed, etc. Having to guess what the ability does didn’t help since it was my first time playing this and didn’t know which drone did what.

Handling was extremely sharp as I entered the game for the first time. Had to lower the default settings to a bearable speed (personal preference)

No indication to show the shields went offline. While in the heat of battle with a Dev(you should know who you are since I specifically started targeting you since you were winning) I find that the shield cannot be monitored properly while trying to shoot him down! If there was either a visual or audio indication that the shield went off, it should give the player enough time to either decide to run away until the shield recharges (don’t know if it does as the game went to fast) or decides to go in guns blazing. Alot of times after respawning my ship shook and then I died. Only after realizing that there is a drone with an EMP did I think that maybe it was responsible for disabling the shields.

I think everyone was aware that the rail gun was just broken. Couldn’t fire from the weapon at all. Don’t think anything needs to be mentioned about that.

Respawning! Now while starting the game close to other players is fine, respawning in the middle of the fights isn’t. Please can the area a person would respawn at be looked into. I person can rather get back into the game and quickly travel to the area where the battle is. If everyone keeps respawning at the same place, battles won’t move across the maps and everyone will just clump up in one area.

A prompt to indicate who killed me and allowing the current game scorecard to be viewed while waiting to respawn. I find that while waiting to respawn I want to know about the other players and see who is in the lead.

I think when the game has more content, hints or tips about gameplay can be shown on either the loading screens or after a player has died. For example if you play as a specific drone and you die, a tip about the drone can be shown in the drone selection area to help the player play better with that drone. It may help them to master how to use the drone and its abilities.

When a few players finally managed to join into the same match, the game became alot more fun.

Also adding either new game modes to the game would be nice, something like team deathmatch.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game with the Devs though. I specifically targeted one since he kept winning and I hope to shoot him some more on the next B.A.D Sunday. Keep up the great work and if anything I mentioned is already being worked on, please ignore.

Travis
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback, even when we aware of things it’s super critical to hear them over and over from as many sources as we can. So please don’t worry if we might know something already because we might not and even when we do it’s super useful to hear it again just to remind us that the changes are the right next step.

On the drone selection screen a brief description of the drone, like possible play style, default starting weapons and the drone’s specific special ability. This would help people decide which type of battle they want to get into. eg. either being up close and personal, speed, etc. Having to guess what the ability does didn’t help since it was my first time playing this and didn’t know which drone did what.

The whole UI process needs to be reworded we definitely plan to add a lot more information on the drones game-play and backstory wise. Had not considered the value of adding that information at the selection screen but it makes a lot of sense.

Handling was extremely sharp as I entered the game for the first time. Had to lower the default settings to a bearable speed (personal preference)

Agreed, the default need to be reworked in fact a screen to test fly without being shot at would be very handy too.

No indication to show the shields went offline. While in the heat of battle with a Dev(you should know who you are since I specifically started targeting you since you were winning) I find that the shield cannot be monitored properly while trying to shoot him down! If there was either a visual or audio indication that the shield went off, it should give the player enough time to either decide to run away until the shield recharges (don’t know if it does as the game went to fast) or decides to go in guns blazing. Alot of times after respawning my ship shook and then I died. Only after realizing that there is a drone with an EMP did I think that maybe it was responsible for disabling the shields.

Better shield diffuse and reconstitution is planned we just didn’t make it to that this week. (sound effects will follow too). When re-spawning you should have invulnerability for 5 seconds (or until you shoot, we need to communicate this better). We also looking at team safe spawn rooms for team play.

I think everyone was aware that the rail gun was just broken. Couldn’t fire from the weapon at all. Don’t think anything needs to be mentioned about that.

Yip was totally broken 🙁

Respawning! Now while starting the game close to other players is fine, respawning in the middle of the fights isn’t. Please can the area a person would respawn at be looked into. I person can rather get back into the game and quickly travel to the area where the battle is. If everyone keeps respawning at the same place, battles won’t move across the maps and everyone will just clump up in one area.

The system should find safe re-spawning locations we need to look at that, also see the above comments on re-spawning.

A prompt to indicate who killed me and allowing the current game scorecard to be viewed while waiting to respawn. I find that while waiting to respawn I want to know about the other players and see who is in the lead.

Agreed, on both counts. The death camera should be a lot cooler and possibly give a reply (this is a lot more work then it sounds like so might not make the early access version) Tap will bring up the current score card but re-spawn screen should give that too.

I think when the game has more content, hints or tips about gameplay can be shown on either the loading screens or after a player has died. For example if you play as a specific drone and you die, a tip about the drone can be shown in the drone selection area to help the player play better with that drone. It may help them to master how to use the drone and its abilities.

Great idea thanks, we had not considered this yet it’s so potentially effective.

When a few players finally managed to join into the same match, the game became alot more fun.

We glad to hear that, we planning to make sure next week only spawn games with more then one player might make for a longer wait time but if we can sustain or get more testers will mean more games with fewer AI’s and more people.

Also adding either new game modes to the game would be nice, something like team deathmatch.

Team deathmatch is absolutely on the cards. We will make some BAD Sundays work with teams when we have more players.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game with the Devs though. I specifically targeted one since he kept winning and I hope to shoot him some more on the next B.A.D Sunday. Keep up the great work and if anything I mentioned is already being worked on, please ignore.

Thank you we had a great time playing with you too (although personally I was just watching logs and CPU and Network stuff, that is some of the testing too). We appreciate the help and the feedback especially, we can’t make a game like this with only 2-3 people to test with after all 😀

Thanks a bunch for helping us test and for the feedback we need every word we can get the pieces that are broken and the parts that work.

-Travis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.